ARATI KREIBICH CALLS FOR DEBATES, RELEASES DATA FOR PROGRESS POLLING MEMO SHOWING COMPETITIVE RACE AHEAD
Glen Rock, NJ – Today, Dr. Arati Kreibich called for at least three debates before her July 7 primary vs. Rep. Josh Gottheimer, the most conservative Democrat in the House.
Dr. Arati Kreibich released the following statement: “In this moment of crisis, we need a robust debate about the future of the Democratic Party now more than ever. We must face tough issues like police brutality and America’s pandemic response head-on and make it clear to NJ-5 voters that we’re listening to and working for them.
“The Teaneck Democratic Municipal Committee has already reached out to both campaigns and the League of Women Voters to schedule a debate this month. It is my hope and expectation that this will be the first of a series of three debates sponsored by local organizations across New Jersey’s 5th District.”
Arati’s campaign also released a polling memo commissioned from Data for Progress which shows a competitive race ahead: after voters learn more about both candidates, solid support for Arati rises to 39% vs. 41% for Gottheimer. Highlights from the memo include:
- “Our research indicates that there is a path to victory for the Kreibich campaign to defeat Josh Gottheimer.”
- “After positive messaging, the gap in support narrows significantly.“
- “After negative messaging, the gap in support narrows further, still in favor of Kreibich. Compared to the second ballot, solid support for Kreibich increases by 4 percentage points (moving to 39%) while solid support for Gottheimer decreases by 5 percentage points (moving to 41%).”
- “The strongest message in support of Kreibich cites her professional experience as a scientist and her plans to address coronavirus with a moratorium on evictions and foreclosures, as well as $2,000 per month payments for the remainder of the crisis. Overall 76% found it to be either very convincing or somewhat convincing. Messages about Arati’s record on the Glen Rock Council and support for healthcare for all also performed strongly.”
- “Helping predatory lenders and private equity firms get access to bailout money was the strongest message against Gottheimer, with 71% of voters finding it either very convincing or somewhat convincing as a reason not to vote for him.”
###DFP Polling Memo Final
Dr. Arati Kreibich is a Councilmember in Glen Rock, a neuroscientist, an immigrant, and a mom. She is running for Congress in New Jersey’s 5th District not only because her representative doesn’t honor our Democratic values, but because we live in an exceptional moment and need bold progressive leadership. Learn more at www.aratiforcongress.com, or visit our press kit.