NORTH ARLINGTON – According to North Arlington Democratic council candidate Tom Bradley, Mayor Dan Pronti won’t allow incumbents “Mario Karcic or Donna Bocchino to speak to their failed record, but I’m happy to point out to the Mayor and his “hand-picked” candidates the damage they are doing to our community, specifically when it comes to taxes and spending,” offered the first time candidate, homeowner, husband and parent!
“We all can do the math and when you borrow from Peter to pay Paul, eventually the necessity to increase revenues which is derived from property tax collections becomes self evident and necessary,” said Bradley as he campaigned through the community.
According to Bradley, GOP incumbents Karcic and Bocchino have voted for a series of actions detrimental to homeowners and taxpayers alike:
* They both voted for 19% pay hikes for themselves and then voted to give a 23% pay raise to Donna Bocchino’s father! Blatant nepotism!
* They both voted “yes” to give Karcic’s nephew a needless job, courtesy of taxpayers!
* They both voted “yes” to increase the municipal tax rate some $1,500,000 since 2018!
* They voted “yes” to increase overall municipal spending $3,250,000 since 2017, another record increase!
* Excessive borrowing by both Karcic and Bocchino has swelled $1,800,000 to more than $4,000,000 – the largest line item increase in the operating budget!
* They both voted “yes” to 25 pay raises, hikes and promotions to political supporters on the payroll, with one GOP official receiving a whopping $43,000 increase! They in effect doubled his salary!
* Surplus funding, in other words taxes collected that were not needed are now being depleted and a huge spike in property taxes will occur in 2021!
* North Arlington will lose approximately another $1,000,000 in host fee dollars because that revenue source is ending permanently, and they cannot borrow to finance their annual operating budget! How will they plug that budget hole? How will they pay for the mandated cost to dump and process the community’s garbage?
“And after compounding these spending and borrowing blunders with urbanization, gentrification and the proliferation of apartments along Ridge Road, North Arlington is becoming an extension of Hudson County, and no longer the first community in Bergen County,” offered John Yampaglia, Bradley’s running-mate in this highly contested race for two seats on the NA Mayor and Council.
“October marks the second anniversary of the passing of former Mayor Joe Bianchi. These actions by Karcic and Bocchino fly in the face of his legacy, and our legacy of keeping North Arlington small, safe and suburban.”
“And the reason why the two incumbents won’t speak is because they really have no understanding of municipal government and let Dan do all the talking. This is why he (Pronti) is petrified of our campaign and the prospect of us sitting side by side with him at Mayor and Council meetings come January 1st, 2021. I humbly ask that you elect me and John Yampaglia to the North Arlington Borough Council, new leadership for a better North Arlington.”
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN, CONTACT DEMOCRATIC MUNICIPAL CHAIRMAN NICK ANTONICELLO AT (201) 937-4277 OR VIST THE CANDIDATE’S ON FACEBOOK (Yampaglia/Bradley) OR AT WWW.NATODAY.NET FOR ALL THE NEWS THAT NORTH ARLINGTON RESIDENTS REALLY WANT TO TALK ABOUT!