CWA ANNOUNCES ANOTHER WAVE OF LEGISLATIVE ENDORSEMENTS IN NJ
Endorses Pro-Union Incumbents & Challengers
(TRENTON, NEW JERSEY) – Today, the Communications Workers of America (CWA) enthusiastically announced another wave of endorsements for several legislative races throughout New Jersey.
“These remarkable Assembly and Senate candidates will fight for the issues important to middle-class and working families” said Dennis Trainor, Vice President for CWA District 1. “New Jersey needs leaders in the legislature who will toil alongside us in the trenches on the issues that are essential to both our members and hard-working people throughout the Garden State.”
“Here in New Jersey, CWA is proud to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with this incredible group of pro-union candidates,” said Fran Ehret, CWA NJ State Director. “The incumbents have shown they have our backs through the years. And the challengers share those same values – rooted in economic and social justice – that matter to CWA members.”
The Communications Workers of America (AFL-CIO) represents both private sector and public workers. CWA represents more than 70,000 working families in New Jersey, including over 40,000 state workers, 15,000 county and municipal workers, and thousands of workers in the telecommunications, airlines, healthcare and direct care industries.
Below please find a list of CWA 2023 endorsements in New Jersey announced today:
- Vin Gopal (Incumbent) – State Senate LD-11
- Margie Donlon (Challenger) – State Assembly LD-11
- Luanne Peterpaul (Challenger) – State Assembly LD-11
- Linda Greenstein (Incumbent) – State Senate LD-14
- Wayne DeAngelo (Incumbent) – – State Assembly LD-114
- Andrew Zwicker (Incumbent) – State Senate LD-16
- Mitchelle Drulis (Open Seat) – State Assembly LD-16
- Roy Freiman (Incumbent) – State Assembly LD-16
- Joseph Cryan (Incumbent) State Senate – LD-20
- Annette Quijano (Incumbent) State Assembly – LD-20
- Reginald Atkins (Incumbent) State Assembly – LD-20
- Alixon Collazos (Open Seat) – State Assembly LD-27
- John McKeon (Incumbent) – State Assembly LD-27
- Joe Lagana (Incumbent) – State Senate LD-38
- Lisa Swain (Incumbent) – State Assembly LD-38
- Chris Tully (Incumbent) – State Assembly LD-38
CWA already publicly endorsed State Senator Joe Vitale (LD-19) for re-election.