NJ 11th for Change Endorses Candidates for County Commissioner in Morris, Passaic, and Sussex Counties
The grassroots advocacy group NJ 11th for Change is proud to endorse three slates of candidates running for County Commissioner seats in Morris, Passaic, and Sussex Counties.
- MORRIS COUNTY: Thomas “T.C.” McCourt, Dina Mikulka, and Aaron “A.J.” Oliver (Dem)
- PASSAIC COUNTY: Assad Akhter, John Bartlett, and Cassandra “Sandi” Lazzara (Dem)
- SUSSEX COUNTY: Scott Paul and Michael “Mike” Vrabel (Dem)
NJ 11th for Change believes that these candidates are New Jersey’s best options to advance fairness, compassion, inclusivity and a decent quality of life for all the people of New Jersey, and government that is transparent, accountable, and responsive,
“County Commissioners wield so much power in our local governments,” said NJ 11th for Change Co-Executive Directors Leslie Bockol and Mara Novak. “They decide how county projects are prioritized, and which initiatives receive funding. It’s crucial that these positions are filled by people who respect the needs and well-being of all members of their communities.” NJ 11th for Change is especially impressed by:
- (Morris County) McCourt, Mikulka, and Oliver’s history of public service; their commitment to sensible law enforcement practices; their insistence on equitable treatment of women, LGBTQ+ and minority communities; and their concrete plans to use the powers of the Commissioners’ office to streamline costs and advance Morris’s economic and educational future for all parts of the county.
- (Passaic County) Akhter, Bartlett, and Lazzara’s nuanced, thoughtful, and detail-oriented approach to solving the problems faced by Passaic county; their deep experience and successful team track record as commissioners; their involvement with and knowledge of the many facets of their community; and their commitment to the American values of fairness and diversity.
- (Sussex County) Paul and Vrabel’s impressive research- and data-driven approach to solving the issues currently facing Sussex County; their combined decades-long commitment to ensuring that Sussex homeowners and renters have access to secure, affordable housing; and their determination to lead by example in making Sussex a fair and welcoming place for minority communities.
“We are so honored that [NJ 11th for Change has] endorsed not one, not two, but ALL THREE of our candidates for County Commissioner. Thank you. We won’t let you down,” said McCourt, Mikulka, and Oliver of Morris County.
“It’s a special honor for me, having been part of the group since the Little Falls ‘Where’s Rodney?’ town meeting and as a candidate at your primary debate in Nov 2017,” said John Bartlett of Passaic County.
“I am honored to receive the endorsement of NJ11th For Change. My door will always be open to you for discussion and support,” said Sandi Lazzara of Passaic County.
“Thank you for sharing such good news! It’s an honor to be endorsed by such a committed group as yours,” said Assad Akhter of Passaic County.