OCHD RESPONDS TO COVID-19 CRISIS WITH RELEASE OF INNOVATIVE MOBILE APP
New app features latest public health news, easy access to OCHD programs
& services, vaccine & testing clinics, special events calendars, agency contacts and so much more
(Toms River) – The Ocean County Health Department (OCHD) announces today the launch of its new and innovative mobile app, which residents can download free from the Google Play/Android and Apple app stores. The free app will provide residents an easy and convenient way to connect them with all the programs, services, special events, health resources and latest public health news and topics. A special COVID-19 feature is also included on the app with a variety of information from testing and travel advisories to notifying residents when vaccination clinic appointments become available.
“The Ocean County Health Department has really been looking forward to providing this new free service for all its residents – especially during the pandemic,” says Daniel Regenye, OCHD Public Health Coordinator/Health Officer. “It’s a great resource for people to have on their smartphone or mobile device to keep them informed and safe – and it’s extremely user friendly.”
“Technology now is allowing us to be proactive by disseminating critical information more timely and consistently,” added Brian Lippai, OCHD Public Information Officer. “The timing is right too as we continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic and our residents are craving information about all the latest developments regarding the vaccine roll out process, when clinic appointments open up, testing and so much more.”
Having the app, people can now find this information available right at their fingertips. In just a few clicks, users can access features including:
- Up-to-the-minute news alerts/push notifications covering OCHD COVID-19 services and data sets, emergency preparedness and Health Alert Network reports, media advisories and press releases covering a wide range of public health topics.
- Users can sign up for alerts from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and access links from the CDC and NJ Department of Health (NJDOH). These links offer guidance documents for local businesses, schools, faith-based communities, health care providers and other disease control resources.
- The app even contains a Wellness Check to help determine if an individual has symptoms of COVID-19.
- The main menu section of the app highlights trending articles under Health Topics.
- Users will find helpful resources under Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) and the Infectious /Communicable Disease Unit.
- Quick click any OCHD department under the Services and Program feature and find everything you’ll need to know about the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention programs, Health Clinic services and Environmental programs. For animal lovers, adorable cats and dogs are showcased from the two Ocean County Animal Facilities.
“The mobile app is free and has so much valuable information for people of all ages.” Lippai added. Just download from the Google Play/Android and Apple app stores and simply connect yourself to the world of Ocean County public health.”
Download the Ocean County Health Department mobile app free of charge onto your smartphone or tablet: https://apps.myocv.com/share/a50608754
For more information, please visit www.ochd.org or call 732-341-9700.