June 1, 2020 – The COVID-19 global health crisis has had a devastating impact on New Jersey. Almost half of the COVID-19 cases in Morris County fall in the boundaries of LD-25, with the two Morris County municipalities most greatly affected — Morristown and Dover — falling in district. Across this district, families are struggling. That is why Rupande Mehta has moved to transition her campaign to provide essential community service and support.
“Since the crisis has started, I have been able to use my platform to support non-profit charitable organizations helping the community through the COVID-19 health crisis. I am grateful to have the profile and reach to be able to support those in need” said Rupande Mehta. The campaign has led multiple initiatives to provide support. These include the following:
• NourishNJ – donation drive.
• Moms Helping Moms Foundation – donation drive, as well as collecting over 800 diapers allowing the Foundation to fill immediate need.
• St. Clare’s Hospital, Denville – food for frontline workers, ER night shift.
• New Jersey Retired Firemen’s Home, Boonton – 100 pieces of PPE.
• Table of Hope – packing and distributing groceries in Morristown and Randolph.
• Dover food drive with We Are One Dover – over 3000 lbs of food and a chest freezer for storage of perishable items.
• Jersey Battered Women’s Shelter – donation drive.
• NJ Coalition to End Domestic Violence – Face mask collection.
Rupande Mehta partnered with Darcy Draeger, candidate for LD-25 State Assembly, to support the non-profit We Are One Dover with their efforts to provide food to Dover food pantries. With support from the community both in LD-25 and across Morris County, they were able to deliver over 3000 pounds of food and a chest freezer. The Dover food pantries are facing record numbers of families needing assistance.
“We are proud of the work Rupande Mehta has been doing to support the community during the COVID-19 Crisis. We need a leader who will do more than call on others to help but will lead the way through their own actions” said Chip Robinson, Chairman of the Morris County Democratic Committee, “Rupande Mehta is the community leader we need in State Senate.”
About Rupande Mehta:
Rupande Mehta is an analytical specialist in sourcing and negotiations on multi-million dollar projects for a Fortune-100 company in New Jersey. She has her MBA and a Master’s in Public Administration where she was a Fellow of the Eagleton Institute of Politics. Rupande lives in Denville with her husband and daughter.
New Jersey Legislative District 25 encompasses the Morris County municipalities of Boonton, Boonton Township, Chester Borough, Chester Township, Denville, Dover, Mendham Borough, Mendham Township, Mine Hill, Morris Township, Morristown, Mount Arlington, Mountain Lakes, Netcong, Randolph, Rockaway Borough, Victory Gardens, Washington Township, Wharton, and the Somerset County Municipality of Bernardsville.