NEWARK (February 24, 2020) – To promote integrity and legal compliance in the gaming industry, Seton Hall Law School will host a Gaming Law, Compliance and Integrity Bootcamp on March 9-11.
The bootcamp will provide high quality and robust legal, compliance and ethics education to professionals working or seeking to work in the gaming space, along with law students aspiring to practice in the field. Funding for the program has been provided by GVC Foundation US, a first-of-its-kind nonprofit dedicated to promoting responsible gambling, sports integrity and corporate compliance in the U.S.
“Seton Hall Law School, a leading law school and recognized global leader in compliance education, is excited to partner with GVC Foundation US to launch the Bootcamp,” said Kathleen M. Boozang, Dean of Seton Hall Law School. She added, “The intensive and interactive Bootcamp, resulting in a certificate, will ensure that gaming compliance professionals have a strong understanding of regulatory frameworks and the ability to identify, scrutinize, prevent and address unlawful or unethical behaviors.”
A special discount is available to Seton Hall Law alumni, and pending certification, New Jersey and Pennsylvania CLE credits will be offered. To learn more or register, visit: https://law.shu.edu/compliance/bootcamp/index.cfm.
The faculty and speaker list includes:
• Marc Edelman, Professor of Law, Zicklin School of Business, Baruch College, City University of New York
• Jacob Elberg, Associate Professor of Law, Seton Hall Law School
• Sarah Devlin, Assistant US Attorney, USAO – New Jersey
• Dennis Drazin, Partner, Drazin & Warsaw and Operator of Monmouth Park Racetrack
• Michael Fries, Vice President, Regulatory Affairs & Deputy Chief Compliance Officer, Scientific Games Corporation.
• Timothy Goldsmith, Partner, Assurance, Ernst & Young, LLP
• Jeremy Kleiman, Member, Saiber
• Kate Lowenhar-Fisher, Member and Gaming & Hospitality Practice Group Chair, Dickinson Wright
• Martin Lycka, Director of Regulatory Affairs, GVC Holdings and Trustee of GVC Foundation US
• David Opderbeck, Professor of Law, Co-Director, Gibbons Institute of Law, Science & Technology, Seton Hall Law School
• William J. Pascrell, III, Partner, Princeton Public Affairs Group and Trustee of GVC Foundation US
• Louis Rogacki, Deputy Director, New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement
• Jake Williams, Vice President, Legal & Regulatory Affairs, Sportradar
Trustees of GVC Foundation US include Amani Toomer, former New York Giants wide receiver and Super Bowl XLII winner; Martin Lycka, director of regulatory affairs at GVC Holdings, and William J. Pascrell, III, partner at Princeton Public Affairs Group and one of the nation’s leading experts on online gaming, sports betting, and lottery.
“If the gaming sector is going to last, it has to place the American consumer first,” said Martin Lycka. “This bootcamp is an extension of our primary focus on promoting responsible gambling, sports integrity and corporate compliance.”
“The gaming space is exploding in the U.S. Many are predicting that over 90,000 high-paying jobs will be created in the emerging sports betting market alone,” said William J. Pascrell, III. “Anyone with any interest in getting involved in the industry should attend this bootcamp.”
“Sports betting has successfully brought a new aspect of entertainment to sports,” said Amani Toomer. “Our goal is to ensure that this industry protects those at risk so that these enthusiasts can have fun in an open, responsible way.”
About GVC Foundation US
GVC Foundation US is a first-of-its-kind nonprofit dedicated to promoting responsible gambling, sports integrity and corporate compliance in the U.S. The Foundation was launched by the GVC Global Foundation and GVC Holdings PLC (LSE: GVC), one of the world’s largest sports betting and gaming groups, operating both online and in the retail sector. To learn more, visit: https://gvcglobalfoundation-us.com/
About Seton Hall University School of Law
Founded in 1951 and located in Newark, Seton Hall University School of Law is New Jersey’s only private law school and a leading Catholic law school in the New York metropolitan area. Seton Hall Law is dedicated to preparing students for the multiplicity of pathways open to professionals with a legal education in a world transformed by technology. The Law School also offers a robust selection of online and live compliance programs in privacy, cybersecurity, financial services, and health & life sciences for law and graduate students, as well as mid-career professionals.