Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center – Washington Township Welcomes New Surgeons
Washington Township, NJ, January 12, 2021 –- Two highly trained breast surgeons have joined the Comprehensive Breast Center at the Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center – Washington Township:
- Kristin Brill, MD, FACS – Enterprise Director of Breast Oncology – is a graduate of Hahnemann University School of Medicine and completed her General Surgery Residency at New York Methodist Hospital, and her Breast Surgical Oncology Fellowship at New York Presbyterian/Columbia Medical Center. Board certified by the American Board of Surgery, Dr. Brill’s special interests include young women with breast cancer and those at high risk. She also holds special interest in breast conservation surgery, oncoplastic surgery, and skin-sparing mastectomy. Dr. Brill is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the American Society of Breast Surgeons, and the Society of Surgical Oncology.
- Susanna M. Nazarian, MD, PhD, FACS, is a graduate of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. During her training in General Surgery at Johns Hopkins, Dr. Nazarian earned her doctorate from the Bloomberg School of Public Health in the Graduate Training Program in Clinical Investigation. She is board certified in General Surgery and certified in Breast Surgery by the Society of Surgical Oncology. Dr. Nazarian is also certified in abdominal transplantation by the American Society of Transplant Surgeons – her first career. Dr. Nazarian is a member of the Association for Academic Surgery, the American Society of Breast Surgeons, and serves on the Council of the Metropolitan Philadelphia Chapter of the American College of Surgeons.
The Comprehensive Breast Center at the Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center – Washington Township provides a provides a supportive environment for women to receive highly specialized care for an array of breast conditions, both benign and malignant. Credentialed by the prestigious American College of Surgeons’ National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers, services include:
- Breast cancer risk assessment and reduction
- Screening and early detection
- Surgical, medical, and radiation treatments
- Diagnostic studies and procedures
- Breast health education.
The team supports multi-disciplinary, patient-centered care by working collaboratively with:
- Oncology-Certified Nurse Navigators
- Oncology-Certified Social Worker
- Medical Oncology & Hematology
- Radiation Oncology
- Clinical Trials & Genetics
- Medical Imaging — including 3D mammography, and ABUS – for detection of breast cancer in dense breasts and Contrast-Enhanced Mammography (CEM), which uses a standard IV contrast agent in combination with mammography for high-level detection.
For more information, or to make an appointment with Dr. Brill or Dr. Nazarian, please call 856-218-2100 or visit JeffersonHealth.org/NJCancer
About Jefferson Health: Jefferson Health, home of Sidney Kimmel Medical College, is reimagining health care in the greater Philadelphia region and southern New Jersey. Jefferson’s dedicated team of doctors, nurses, health professionals, and staff provides a range of primary to highly-specialized care through 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet®-designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence), more than 40 outpatient and urgent care locations, the NCI-designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, Magee Rehabilitation and the JeffConnect® telemedicine program. For 2020-2021, Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals is ranked among the nation’s best hospitals in nine specialities by U.S. News & World Report. Jefferson Health’s mission is to improve the lives of patients in the communities it is privileged to serve through safe, effective, equitable, compassionate care.