Watch NJTV’s livestream of the Senate Select Committee on Economic Growth Strategies this morning, focusing on best practices and oversight of the NJEDA tax incentive programs.
“This hearing will provide input from national experts on the best strategies and practices for economic development,” said Senator Smith earlier this week regarding the hearing. “It will broaden the perspective to include those with knowledge and experience in other states and different regions of the country. We want to learn what has worked or not worked elsewhere so that we can put in place the most effective programs for sustained economic growth.”
The participants in the hearing will be:
- Jackson Brainerd – Policy Specialist, NCSL Fiscal Affairs Program;
- Josh Goodman – Senior Officer, Pew Charitable Trusts;
- Joseph Parilla – Fellow, Brookings Institute Metropolitan Policy Program (by video);
- T.J Bartik – Senior Economist, W.E. Upjohn Institute (by video);
- Michael Lahr – Director, Rutgers Economic Advisory Service; Professor, Edward J. Bloustein School Rutgers University.