Congressman Kim Announces New $60 Million VA Community Based Outpatient Clinic Coming to Ocean County; VA Secretary Denis McDonough to Join for Announcement
TOMS RIVER, NJ – Today, Congressman Andy Kim (NJ-03) announced that Veterans Affairs Secretary McDonough will be in Ocean County Monday, August 9th promoting the construction of a new, critically needed VA Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC).
“Since Day 1 in Congress, getting a new health clinic for our honorable veterans in Ocean County has been my top priority,” said Congressman Kim. “The thousands of veterans in our community deserve a world-class facility that can give them the care they need right here in Ocean county. I’m proud of our work to deliver this new clinic and am grateful for the positive impact it will have on our veterans and our community.”
Since coming into office, Congressman Kim has made the delivery of a new veteran CBOC a top priority. During that time, the Congressman and his office have:
- Followed up with VA officials on the status of the CBOC every month since being sworn in.
- Met with senior leadership at the VA under the new Biden Administration to discuss CBOC.
- Met with the VA’s Executive Director for the Office of Construction & Facilities Management about the CBOC.
- Held three veteran roundtables to highlight the importance of the new CBOC.
- Toured Brick CBOC twice with VA regional leadership alongside local veteran leaders. Rep. Kim spoke with veterans about their current quality of care at the existing CBOC.
- Led a bipartisan letter with Congressman Smith and Senators Booker and Menendez to VA leadership about the key concerns highlighted by our Ocean County veterans around the number of providers, parking space, and the timeline for the new CBOC.
- Led a letter with Senators Booker and Menendez to VA leadership after the most recent VA failure to execute a leasing agreement for the new Ocean County CBOC.
- Conducted monthly outreach to several hundred veteran leaders and advocates in NJ-03 about the CBOC and other key veteran issues.
VA Secretary McDonough will join Congressman Kim and Ocean County veterans for a roundtable discussion