With Americans losing over $100 billion through gambling each year and the Kentucky Derby soon to kick off, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2019’s Most Gambling-Addicted States as well as accompanying videos, along with its Kentucky Derby Facts & History infographic.
In order to call out the states where gambling addiction is most prevalent, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 20 key metrics. The data set ranges from presence of illegal gambling operations to lottery sales per capita to share of adults with gambling disorders.
Gambling Addiction in New Jersey (1=Most Addicted, 25=Avg.):
- 8th – Lottery Sales per Capita
- 33rd – % of Adults with Gambling Disorders
- 7th – Gambling-Related Arrests per Capita
- 1st – Legality of Daily Fantasy Sports
- 26th – Legality of Sports Gambling
For the full report, please visit: