Thousands Expected Join New Jersey March for Our Lives Student Leaders and Local Politicians on March 24 at Military Park, Newark
19 New Jersey Student Leaders of the New Jersey March For Our Lives Effort Available for Interviews Prior to and on March 24
|WHAT:||March for Our Lives New Jersey will take place on Saturday, March 24th, at Military Park in Newark, NJ, at 10 a.m., in conjunction with the national March for Our Lives event in Washington D.C. and with sister events across the state and country.
March for Our Lives NJ is a completely student-centered, student-lead event. It is being planned by a committee of 19 students from diverse backgrounds who are coming together from schools across northern, central, and southern New Jersey.
|WHEN/WHERE:||Saturday, March 24, 10 am
|WHO ARE THE NJ MARCH FOR OUR LIVES STUDENT LEADERS:||Our 19 student leaders are from all corners of the State of New Jersey. They are student activists, have had their lives touched by gun-violence in their communities and were friends with victims at Stoneman Douglas.
But most importantly, they want to put an end to school shootings.
· Sarah Emily Baum (Marlboro High School, senior)
· Darcy Schleifstein (friend of Stoneman Douglas victim Alex Schachter; Randolph High School, sophomore)
· Zachary Dougherty (Toms River North High School, junior)
· Kira Edgar (Somerville High School, sophomore)
· Olivia Hirsh (South Orange/Maplewood Columbia High School, sophomore)
· Samantha Levy (friend of Stoneman Douglas victim Alex Schachter; South Orange/Maplewood Columbia High School, sophomore)
· Christian Martin (Princeton High School, junior)
· Christianah Akinsanmi – (Howell High School, senior)
· Mary McDade (Ridgewood High School, sophomore)
· Campbell Romano (Ridgewood High School, sophomore)
· Princess Sabaroche. (North Star Academy, Newark)
· Gina Matos (Newark Public Schools, Student Representative, Newark Board of Education)
· Frankie Walls (Youth Media Symposium; Newark Public Schools)
· Tanaisa Brown (Newark Student Activist; Rutgers University)
· Jennifer Made (Abbott Leadership Institute, Newark)
· Tiffany Watkins (North Star Academy, Newark)
· Julia Andujar (North Star Academy, Newark)
|STUDENT INTERVIEW AVAILABILTY PRE-EVENT AND DAY-OF:||Media Availability with Student Leaders day-of March for Our Lives begins at 9 am at the stage
Please note: Students are available for media interviews between now andMarch 24 upon request.
|MEDIA CONTACT:||Eliza Schleifstein
|WEB SITE/SOCIAL MEDIA INFO:|
The New Jersey March for Our Lives is supported by Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America New Jersey and its local chapters, Women for Progress, and Elizabeth Meyer, founder and lead organizer of the Women’s March on NJ and lead organizer with NJ March for Science 2017.