Each year, the average American household spends $2,471 on real-estate property taxes plus another $442 for residents of the 27 states with vehicle property taxes. With such high costs, it’s no surprise that more than $14 billion in property taxes go unpaid each year, according to the National Tax Lien Association.
In order to determine who pays the most relative to their state, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its 2021’s Property Taxes by State report, as well as accompanying videos, which compares home and vehicle taxes across the nation and features insights from a panel of experts.
Property Taxes in New Jersey (1st=Lowest; 25th=Avg.):
- Real-Estate Property Tax Rank: 51st
- Vehicle Property Tax Rank: 1st
- Real-Estate Tax on Median State Home Value: $8,362
- Real-Estate Tax on Median U.S. Home Value: $5,419
- Vehicle Property Tax on Best-Selling Car: $0
For the full report, please visit: