NJCPA Kicks Off Annual Food Drive for Community FoodBank of New Jersey
— Both Physical and Virtual Donations Accepted —
ROSELAND, N.J. — The New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA) has launched its twelfth annual food drive to benefit the Community FoodBank of New Jersey. The food drive, which will run from Sept. 27 through Nov. 19, will consist of both virtual donation opportunities and physical drop-off sites due to COVID-19 challenges.
More than a year into the pandemic and in the wake of Hurricane Ida, hardships still exist for New Jersey families, which the Community FoodBank hopes to conquer by distributing food to charities, soup kitchens and food pantries throughout the state. According to the FoodBank, more than 1.2 million people are facing hunger in New Jersey, which includes nearly 400,000 children.
Food donations can be dropped off at the NJCPA at 105 Eisenhower Parkway, Suite 300, in Roseland or at the following office locations. Physical donations would need to be collected prior to the end of the program on Nov. 19. Virtual donations, which are also available at the sites specified below, will still be accepted after that date.
- Alloy, Silverstein, Shapiro, Adams, Mulford, Cicalese, Wilson & Co. | 900 N. Kings Highway, Suite 100, Cherry Hill | |in-person and virtual
- Bowman & Company LLP | 601 White Horse Road, Voorhees |in-person and virtual
- Deloitte & Touche LLP | 100 Kimball Drive, Parsippany | in-person and virtual
- Egg Harbor Township School District | 13 Swift Drive, Egg Harbor Township | in-person and virtual
- Friedman LLP | 100 Eagle Rock Avenue, Suite 200, East Hanover | in-person and virtual
- The Green Group | 900 Route 9, Suite 601, Woodbridge | in-person and virtual
- Paymedia LLC | 383 Ridgedale Avenue, Suite 2A, East Hanover | in-person only
- Wagner Shields & Moini LLP | 210 New Road, Unit 9, Linwood | in-person only
- WilkinGuttenplan | 1200 Tices Lane, East Brunswick | in-person and virtual
- Withum | 506 Carnegie Center, Suite 400, Princeton | in-person and virtual
- zbt Certified Public Accounting & Consulting, LLC | 11 Broadway, Clark | in-person and virtual
Those companies that are participating in the food drive with only virtual donations include the following:
- Mazars USA LLP | virtual
- PKF O’Connor Davies, LLP | virtual
The food drive is hosted by the NJCPA Emerging Leaders Council, an appointed leadership group that addresses the needs of NJCPA members with up to 10 years of experience, including CPA candidates and new licensees. They are seeking to meet or exceed 2020’s collection of approximately 1,000 pounds of nonperishable food items and canned goods, and $25,000 in online contributions. Since 2010, the NJCPA has donated more than 20,000 pounds of food items to the FoodBank.
“We are grateful to our members for volunteering, donating and serving New Jersey communities in need,” said Ralph Albert Thomas, CPA (DC), CGMA, CEO and executive director at the NJCPA. “It takes all of us to alleviate hunger in our state, and we appreciate everyone’s efforts.”
# # #
The New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA), with more than 14,000 members, represents the interests of the accounting profession and advances the financial well-being of the people of New Jersey. The NJCPA plays a leadership role in supporting the profession by providing members with educational resources, access to shared knowledge and a continuing effort to create and expand professional opportunities. Visit njcpa.org.