NJCU School of Business Transforms Graduate Programs to Give Students More Flexibility
JERSEY CITY, N.J. | The New Jersey City University (NJCU) School of Business has announced a new and innovative move to seven-week (7) graduate sessions instead of the traditional fall, spring and summer semesters, beginning in the Fall 2021 semester.
This streamlined, accelerated format will allow the NJCU School of Business to offer more courses and help its graduate students complete their degrees quickly. Classes will have the same high-quality content and academic rigor while granting students greater flexibility upon the implementation of the changes.
- Virtually all graduate programs will be offered in 7-week modules.
- There will now be year-round “sessions” rather than “semesters” with six (6) starts per year.
- Fall 2021 begins with a Fall 1 and a Fall 2 option in the schedule; then Spring 1 and Spring 2; ending in Summer 1 and Summer 2 to complete a full calendar year.
- HyFlex classes will be scheduled in one 3-hour (2.45) block per week rather than the current 1.25 hours each week.
- Full-time students may complete their program in one (1) year.
- Part-time students may finish in two (2) years.
- M.B.A. core courses and capstones will be scheduled with greater frequency to adapt to the year-round programming.
- Specialization courses will be offered more than once a year to accommodate the accelerated pace.
- Virtually all graduate classes will be delivered in HyFlex or Asynchronous Online modalities.
- HyFlex courses give students choices. They may attend class in person, login remotely and interact with the professor and fellow students in real time—or a combination of both, where they attend in-person classes sometimes and work remotely at other times.
The only exception to the new NJCU School of Business course formats will be the M.B.A. with a specialization in Healthcare Management, which will continue to have four of its specialization courses offered in the traditional format.
Additionally, more exciting changes will be announced this summer regarding degree programs and offerings which will be introduced through NJCU’s new location at NJCU @ Fort Monmouth.
Questions regarding the NJCU School of Business seven-week sessions announcement can be directed to email@example.com.
New Jersey City University is an institution of higher learning with an audacious goal: the development of our students, our city, our communities, our state, and the world beyond. We are a game-changing force for our students and their families. Whether our students are enrolled in one of our 50 undergraduate, 28 graduate or three doctoral programs, NJCU provides an affordable, diverse environment, and an exceptionally supportive faculty—all of which prepares them to be critical thinkers in a global landscape.
We’re also changing the game for our city, our communities, and our state. As the educational anchor institution in Jersey City, we’ve established partnerships to ensure the area’s growth directly benefits our students and community members. We seek to improve the lives of everyone in the Garden State, whether creating a home for the arts, bringing educational programs to K-12 students, offering bachelor’s degrees in partnership with community colleges, or providing professional development opportunities for adults.
At NJCU, we’re not just educating minds, we’re nourishing souls and lifting communities. We’re changing the game.