Rutgers University–Camden offering income tax assistance for low-income New Jersey families.
(Camden, NJ) – In preparation for tax season, Rutgers University-Camden is offering income tax assistance for low-income families. To qualify, a household must make $60,000 or less and appointments are on a first come, first served basis.
“So many families need aid when it comes to filing their taxes and we applaud Rutgers for stepping up to the plate to be there for our residents,” said Commissioner Director Louis Cappelli Jr. “We encourage everyone who qualifies to utilize this free resource this tax season.”
Sessions will be held at the Nilsa Cruz-Perez Downtown Library Branch in Camden every Wednesday, from 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Friday, from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. and Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. until April 8.
Attendees need to bring the following documents:
- Social Security cards for yourself, spouse and any dependents (no copies)
- Proof of health insurance
- Valid government issues photo ID
- W-2 forms
- 1099 forms
- 1098-T forms and receipts for school expenses
- Any mail from the IRS
- Voided check for direct deposit
- 2021 tax return
The program does not handle the following taxes:
- Business returns/schedule Cs
- Complicated and advanced schedule Es (capital gains/losses)
- Rental income/losses
- Employee business expenses
- Moving/relocation expenses
- Minor’s investment income
- Joint business returns or partnerships
- International returns