Turner, Gusciora & Muoio Spearhead Hurricane Donation Relief Drive for Puerto Rico
Municipalities throughout 15th District will be Available as Drop-off Points thru Oct. 27
(TRENTON) – Fifteenth District legislators – Senator Shirley Turner, Assemblyman Reed Gusciora and Assemblywoman Elizabeth Maher Muoio – on Thursday announced the launch of a hurricane relief donation drive to aid residents of Puerto Rico who have been devastated by Hurricane Maria.
The donation drive, which is being conducted in partnership with municipalities of the 15th legislative district, as well as the Puerto Rican Parade of Trenton and the Governor’s Office of Volunteerism, will take place from Friday, October 13, through Friday, October 27.
The legislators are seeking small necessities such as: cleaning supplies, diapers, new underwear and socks, toiletries (shampoo, soap, tooth paste, tooth brushes, hand sanitizer), flash lights, feminine hygiene products, batteries, and first aid items.
“This is a humanitarian crisis that transcends politics. It’s about helping our fellow Americans who are experiencing unprecedented devastation. No donation is too small to make a difference,” said Turner.
“We want the residents of Puerto Rico to know we hear them, we see them and they are not alone. We are going to do whatever we can to help them pick up the pieces and rebuild their lives,” said Gusciora.
“There are countless people out there who don’t come from extraordinary means but want to help their fellow Americans in whatever way they can. This is the perfect opportunity to do just that. We’d like to thank the County of Mercer, the participating towns of LD 15 and the Puerto Rican Parade of Trenton for coming together and joining us in this important effort,” said Muoio.
Residents and businesses can drop off donations from Oct 13 – 27 at the following locations:
- East Amwell Township Municipal Offices, 1070 US 202/31
- Ewing Township Municipal Building, 2 Jake Garzio Drive
- Hopewell Township Municipal Complex, 201 Washington Crossing Pennington Rd.
- Pennington Borough Hall, 30 N. Main St.
- Lambertville City Hall, 18 York St.
- Lawrence Township Municipal Building, 2207 Lawrenceville Rd.
- Hopewell Borough Hall, 88 East Broad St.
- Trenton City Hall, 319 East State St.
- West Windsor Town Hall, 271 Clarksville Rd.
- Office of Asm. Gusciora & Asw. Muoio, 144 W. State St, Trenton
- Office of Sen. Turner, 1230 Parkway Ave, Suite 103, Ewing
- Mercer County Administration Building, 640 South Broad St, Trenton